Adjustments to Stormwing, Rocket Launcher and more in Fortnite update
This week’s v7.40 update will add quite a few changes that the Fortnite community massively requested throughout Season 7. While the full patch notes haven’t been revealed yet, Epic Games did publish a sneak peek of what’s to come:
- Planes will no longer be able to smash through structures
- Zipline interact prompt added, and using a Zipline will grant fall damage immunity
- Hand Cannon structure damage reduced from 150 to 100
- Turbo Build delay decreased from 0.15s to 0.05s
- Rocket Launcher reload time increased from 2.52s to 3.24s
- Added the ability to crouch while in Edit Mode
Thus, players using planes can no longer fly through structures, simultaneously destroying them. That might be a relief as Season 7’s Stormwing is considered to be overpowered by many. Additionally, fall damage is nonexistent while using a Zipline and editing is finally possible while crouching.
Some of the most powerful weapons like the Hand Cannon and Rocket Launcher have also been nerfed, by respectively changing the structure damage and reload time.
Epic Games hasn’t revealed any details on the downtime for the update yet, but we’ll be sure to let you know if that changes.